Pandora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea for 3rd session of faction world

5 posters

Go down

Idea for 3rd session of faction world Empty Idea for 3rd session of faction world

Post by anders287 Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:06 am

Well maybe its a little early to say but its good to keep it in mind while we are on it Very Happy

It would be great if everyone got into a random team in factions. All players gets split into different teams, with own names which they should be able to edit. To make the teams more equal, you should calculate a players activity, where one team may get many people that are not much active in factions, or a little team with very active players. This will prevent professional players from getting into teams with only professional players, and really many small factions with inactive/badly skilled players, as these first sessions always have been like, f.ex. jr's team with many good people, and the blitzclaw with... yeah... you know what i mean, no offence...

This will make factions a more fair game for everyone to enjoy, and the fun in it will not be dragged out so easily.
anders287
anders287

Back to top Go down

Idea for 3rd session of faction world Empty Re: Idea for 3rd session of faction world

Post by jramos037 Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:28 am

Keep in mind, I don't recruit all the good players. If I wanted to, I would have recruited you Anders, Atty, Rocket, or any other player but I don't because of the fact that I like balance. The people I have in my faction aren't the BEST players on the server, but they are loyal to me and know what I want. Not trying to sound Tyrantish or anything. But yea, really there is only 4 people in my faction. Rebel_Sniper, Danny, Maddie, and Me. Each have their specialties and each have self control. For the most part atleast. I thought Factions were well balanced this time around to be honest.

Secondly, I don't like working with people who don't listen to me. I don't think this would work well. Keep in mind this is my opinion. But yea, I strive for my members to have a certain discipline and I know that for some players, this is going to be impossible.

Otherwise, whatever... I'll try it if enough people back you up.

jramos037
Server Admins
Server Admins

Back to top Go down

Idea for 3rd session of faction world Empty Re: Idea for 3rd session of faction world

Post by Admin Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:57 am

Its the greatest idea ever !!! I am only saying this because i tried to work on something just like it.
I also thought of having captains and each player would pick who they wanted on their team.

The fav idea i had was each player had a value depending on their skills and they can be brought or sold via each faction leader when the transfer window was open.

They are good ideas but have so many problems it just makes it impossible to manage.

Admin
Admin

https://pandoramc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel_Sniper Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:30 am

I don't like the idea. Solaris really doesn't have all the best players, nor do we have the most. We just have players totally dedicated to the faction world. Also, like Jr said, we need people who will all work together.

Also, buying and selling players might sound cool, but if they are sold to an enemy faction, how would that make them feel? They wouldn't feel loyal to a faction they didn't choose, and they would be bought and sold like an object instead of a real person.

In terms of the small factions issue, why don't they just all make one big faction? Turn two three person factions into one six person faction. You can easily beat us, as you did raid us and you could have taken our stuff.

Also, ranking players by their skills? These are real people, not fictional characters in some video game. Who are you to tell someone they are a 2 out of 10? This will make people feel worthless and drive them away.

Rebel_Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:53 am

ahhh your post is so colourful Smile

btw, these are just ideas we are knocking around. Nothing like this would ever get implemented without agreement and also as I mention its impossible to manage and has lots of issues so dont panic rebel.

The worth of the player wasnt going to be me just deciding lool, it would be based on mcmmo stats, time spent on the server that kind of thing but ye nothing to worry about with that as it wont be happening.

Keep any other ideas coming though guys for this world or any other world.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel_Sniper Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:38 am

Yeah, I may have overreacted to an idea in progress. I guess I should add to it instead of just tearing it down, because that's not very helpful.

I see why you want to balance the faction world, but I don't think the amount or skill of the players is making it unbalanced. I see balance in the future, as you have the players and resources to beat us.

This plan would create a whole new faction experience, but I think it would just base who wins on luck. As it stands now, we must pick smart allies who don't die a lot, strategize offensive and defensive plans, and all do specific tasks we are good at. What if one faction ended up with a lot of people who like to do small tasks around the base, or all people who like to attack? Maybe we could have people sign up for what they are best at or want to do, and make a 3-5 factions with a few people that fit each position.

And to solve the ranking players issue, we could do it by skill, but just not tell people. Do some incognito balancing. This would be a whole new way to play factions, and it could provide a refreshing change, but I don't think we need one quite yet.

And this col(u)or thing takes too long to do Neutral.

Rebel_Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:27 am

I dont think there is a balancing issue tbh, but i do think its missing something. I still keep coming back to the idea of a league table I know its a pain in the arse but it is fun.

What about for next season teams register if they wish to be in the league table or not if they dont they can still play factions but points for killing or raiding that faction does not count.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by anders287 Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:01 am

Sounds good pan
anders287
anders287

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:37 am

So ok i'll expand,

A team can have a maximum of 5 players

Each team has a leader and 1 mod

Each team registers for the league

When a fight breaks out or a raid the attacking team registers their win clicking the check boxes to tally up their score. A message is sent to the attacked team to agree once agreed the points are automatically added to a table. If not agreed an admin will step in to check the logs.

Once a faction has entered the league they can not be removed until the end of season.

Registered teams can still ally with other registered teams

These are just some ideas i have floating around what do you guys think?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel_Sniper Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:29 am

Hmm, this does sound good. My only concern is that only one mod could limit a faction. I don't see a significant problem with no mod cap, as this would allow factions some freedoms.

Also, what if a faction wanted to drop one of their players for inactivity or other issues? Would they then be able to pick someone else up?

And how will leagues not registered fit into this? Will they be able to destroy small 5 person factions with their limitless numbers? I think if there is a player cap, it should be the same for all factions.

Also, this solves the issues surrounding the use of alts, as this will put people who use them at a disadvantage since it means one less player in their league who can help out.

Rebel_Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by anders287 Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:42 am

Well its kinda good to have inactive members, as this just gives you more problem and more control of the active members.
anders287
anders287

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:18 pm

Ye, i agree about a no mod cap, I did have a reason why this should happen but im not sure why now lol im sure its not important.

I think players should be able to leave a faction or be kicked from a faction apart from the faction leader. This is so people dont register a faction disband register a new one .... repeat a few times.

I dont want to force people into registering that is why i came up with the idea of points not being counted. If a registered team is attacked by an unregistered team then i guess we should just consider it part of the game ( there is nothing stopping that from happening now) i dont think we have the userbase for this becoming a problem but would be something to look out for.

With the rule above we should also add that if a registered team and an unregistered team attack a base the points are not recorded. Only registered teams teaming up will count.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aaaasdasdsad Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:09 am

Well if your in a middle of a raid and you can claim land but your not mod because there is only one mod will be a pain in the arse for some factions...

aaaasdasdsad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:21 am

Season 3 will kick off very soon. Is there anything else you would like to see or not see ... or any config tweaks?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel_Sniper Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:14 am

LWC should not work in faction world, yet it did at the end of season 2. I'm assuming this was just a bug, but I thought I would make sure.

Rebel_Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:16 am

ye that was a bug Rebel ... I did have a few ideas for factions season 3 but not sure if i will actually go through with them. The idea was a skyblock faction type thingy but could be to confusing or messy for our players .... so will stick with what we know best ... expect this to be complete at the weekend, it will be same ish as last season except ... no church spawn point it will be a dif build, and will have a jungle biome and an extra plugin that keeps count of how many kills & deaths a players has and produces them into a table.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down